N-CAP is a non-profit organization, incorporated in February, 2003, for the purpose of administering CAP funding for Nunavut CAP sites. The directorate of N-CAP is made up of interested representatives from CAP sites across Nunavut and also Nunavut government employees who have an interest in the CAP program. The current directors of N-CAP are as follows:
- President: Ron Elliott – Nunavut Youth Consulting
- Vice-President: Jakob Gearheard – Ilisaqsivik Society
- Secretary-Treasurer: Darlene Thompson – CAP Administrator, Nunavut Department of Education
- Director: Malcolm Campbell - Nunavut Department of Education
- Director: Kim Crockatt – Nunavut Literacy Council
N-CAP’s Mandate is to provide all Nunavummiut with access to and training on the internet for maximized adoption and utilization of increasingly complex Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs). Our Mission is to develop and champion sustainable community initiatives and applications using ICTs that enhance economic, educational, social and cultural opportunities throughout the North.
Our goal is to continue to work in close partnership with Nunavut’s residents, communities and schools, Nunavut Arctic College, Inuit organizations and all levels of municipal, territorial and federal government in order to deliver the excellence in programming stated in our mandate.
Darlene Thompson, Community Access Program Administrator
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Tel: (867) 975-5631
Fax: (867) 975-5610